Cuba is on the horizon

My name is Jason Brooks and I am a 33 year old living currently in California. I most recently have been living in Florence, Italy but have also lived in San Francisco, San Diego, and Los Angeles. I am a true Californian and love all aspects of the life in every part except Central. I have always loved to travel but never had the courage to do it. I am always dreaming of the next trip but always working my life away. Three years ago I pulled a trigger and moved to Italy to follow a girl and to study art. It turned out I was lucky, I found my way to some amazing other countries while studying such as France, Spain, Romania, Budapest, Netherlands, and Malta.

Today something sparked in my mind and I felt sad when I woke up. I felt so sad that tears were coming down my eyes and a sorrow in my heart. I felt empty and alone, a feeling I have had a time or two before. I am going through a life transition again and this time its a whopper. I am living with my parents again and its really a bit more difficult then I had ever had expected. I am eager to save up and move out and be an adult but then it dawned on me, that sounds like a trap. After crying as I was driving to work for no apparent reason, I took a sip of my Jamba and had a thought. Maybe I should just go back to doing what I want and making the most of every second?

That was the turning point of my life, That one singular thought. I instantly felt freedom, A sense of purpose again.

I got to work. I sat down at the computer. I booked a ticket to Cuba.

My heart raced as I sat there wondering what the hell I had just done. It may have been one of the best decisions I have ever made or it may be a dumb idea because I don't plan much in life. I am going to Havana, Cuba and it has been a life dream of mine. I have grown up in an America which was not allowed to visit this foreign world. We now live in a time that allows for this amazing opportunity and I must see it.


Comments